Gain the Skills & Confidence To Build Your Own Website
Designing Effective Websites
Regardless of your current skills or level of knowledge, in this course, you’ll master the basics of Web Design and Search Engine Optimization. We will provide in-depth guidance on how to work with WordPress to develop and manage your website.
You’ll examine how form and function play into the rise of good website design, walk through the major stages of website design/development and discover the fundamental elements of good Consumer-Centric design. We will also take a look at the fundamental steps to create & manage website content, and learn how website themes can be utilized to simplify the design process. Along the way, you’ll learn more about online branding and marketing. This course is a must for business owners, offering the strategy and tools that will help them develop a strong base for their marketing efforts.
About The Instructor
Tricia Dey Twomey has been a Marketing industry professional for over 10 years, working mainly as a Digital Marketing Specialist. During this time, she has trained in WordPress, Microsoft, Facebook, Instagram, QuickBooks, and has created websites using a variety of different platforms. Dey Twomey is the owner of [at] Marketing, a digital marketing agency with offices in Edmonton & Camrose.
* Course includes “The Complete Step-By-Step WordPress User Manual”. A comprehensive WordPress instruction manual (2,100+ pages) covers everything you need to know to use your WordPress site effectively.
- Benefits of Using WordPress
- 50+ Reasons To Choose WordPress
- Stages Of Website Design/Development
- Your WordPress Admin Area
- How To Log Into & Out Of WordPress
- How To Reset Your Password
- The WordPress Dashboard
- Posts vs Pages
- How To Create A Post
- How To Create Pages In WordPress
- How To Schedule Posts in WordPress
- How To Clone A Post Or Page
- How To Use a WordPress Editor
- How To Use The Media Library
- Where To Find Free & Royalty-Free Images
- Appearance & Themes
- How To Install the Divi Theme
- Getting Started With The Divi Builder
- Using The Divi Theme Options
- Using The Divi Theme & Module Customizer
- Using the Visual Builder
- WordPress Widgets, Menus, Plugins
- WordPress Users, Tools & Settings
- Content Marketing With WordPress
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
September 8, 9 & 10, 2021
9:30am – 4:30pm
#201, 10171 Saskatchewan Dr
*Includes One Year Basic Website Hosting & Security
RESERVE YOUR SEAT
Alberta Training Grants
The Canada Alberta Job Grant is committed to helping businesses access the training they need. Receive up to 66-100% in Training Grants.
Who is Eligible?
Employees & Business owners (with 4 or fewer employees).
Here is what we are doing to keep you COVID safe in our classrooms:
- all work stations will be distanced
- you will bring your own laptop and mouse
- all workstations will be cleaned and sanitized
- group sizes will remain small